by Wendy EN Thomas of Lessons Learned from the Flock
When I was young, one of the worst things you could say was to call someone a “chicken.” It meant you thought they were weak, lacking, and it was a challenge for that person to then prove to everyone that they were not.
- Get Our Free Newsletter!
- For more than 130 years, GRIT has helped its readers live more prosperously and happily while emphasizing the importance of community and a rural lifestyle tradition.
- Subscribe Today!
- Chickens and Composting: Stirring It Up
- Coop size and chickens per square foot
- Low-Maintenance Backyard Chickens
- 5 Practical Chicken Coop Designs
- Marketing 101 for Your Egg Business
- Rescued Hens
- How to Get Started with Quail
- Agritourism and Your Farm
- Facebook photo contest
- Coop cleaning 101