by Wendy EN Thomas of Lessons Learned from the Flock
When I was young, one of the worst things you could say was to call someone a “chicken.” It meant you thought they were weak, lacking, and it was a challenge for that person to then prove to everyone that they were not.
- Get Our Free Newsletter!
- For more than 130 years, GRIT has helped its readers live more prosperously and happily while emphasizing the importance of community and a rural lifestyle tradition.
- Subscribe Today!
- Guineas Create a Sensation
- A Kid’s Guide to Making a Brooder
- Organic Pastured Poultry on a College Farm
- Shed Style Coops with Work/Storage Space
- Simple Summer Pond for Your Ducks
- Chickens in the Greenhouse
- Building a Summer Duck Pond
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Raising a crossed beak chicken
- Selectively Breeding Coturnix